Poké Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?)

2 posters

Go down

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Empty Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?)

Post by Literally Death Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) SableyeMega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) AzumarillMega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) AmoongussMega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) ExcadrillMega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Slowbro-megaMega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Kyurem-black

Introduction

So this was a Hyper Offense team that was originally based around Mega Sableye, but that didn't work well. I changed it to Bulky Offense based on Mega Slowbro after seeing it in action and used really really well as a tank.

The Team

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Sableye
Sableye @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fake Out
- Magic Coat
- Knock Off
I originally planned to make a Hyper Offense using Mega Sableye as an anti lead. I took out the mega in favor of Prankster, which lets me Magic Coat and stops Stealth Rock. Fake Out to flinch and stop early rocks as well. Knock Off stops Azelf pretty well too.

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Azumarill
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Tail
- Seismic Toss
Azumarill is my bulky Pokemon and I use it to counter Zard X and Y, which tend to hurt my team pretty hard. I also use it to get off some damage and weaken Pokemon that might be troubling me or could considerably threaten my team.

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Amoonguss
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Energy Ball
- Toxic
- Protect
My main support, I can get in and put a pokemon to sleep or toxic them, which helps against Leaf Storm Serperior. I hate Leaf Storm Serperior. Protect to let Toxic do more damage, and energy ball against water types like Keldeo.

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Excadrill
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
My stealth rocker and rapid spinner, Excadrill is my go to against pokemon like Sylveon. Mold Breaker helps against Lati@s too.

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Slowbro-mega
Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
This guy is tanky beyond belief. Bulk helps get off Calm Mind, and when I might get a little low I can Slack Off. Then i sweep.

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Kyurem-black
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Outrage
My wallbreaker, the high Atk and SpAtk help me take on all sorts of Pokemon. He's so powerful Earth Power can kill tons of Pokemon in one or two shots.

Conclusion

Yeah my team is probably really bad but it's working for me so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Importable:
Literally Death
Literally Death

PokéCash : 47

Back to top Go down

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Empty Re: Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?)

Post by MelonSquid Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Before I even get into suggesting new things for your team, there are a few fundamental flaws in the Pokémon you have already picked:
1-- Sableye’s EV spread is inefficient. In other words, it wastes a lot EVs. Also, you invested in bulk, but are using a focus sash. If you feel you need a focus sash to avoid an OHKO, EVs invested in bulk are wasted. If EVing in bulk helps avoid OHKOs, then there are better items than focus sash.
2—Azumarill should always, and I mean always, use the ability Huge Power. Thick Fat and Sap sipper may be great abilities, but non-huge power Azumarill hits like a pedestrian and takes hits like a small Volkswagen. 100/80/80 defenses are great for an offensive pokemon, but terrible for a defensive one. If you want to use the wabbit, don’t make it a punching bag. With huge power, Azumarill’s attack stat is literally 2 points behind the maximum attack stat of Groudon, Rayquaza, and Zekrom. +6 non-huge power Azumarill hits pretty hard. +6 huge power Azumarill hits like One Punch Man.
Also, Azumarill needs to run aqua jet. Waterfall should be used over aqua tail, as the difference in power is so small and waterfall cannot miss (unlike Aqua tail).
One more thing: if using belly drum, your HP should be an even number to ensure that sitrus berry activates after using bellydrum from full health.
3—Amoongus’ moves and EVs need to be revamped. Giga Drain is always better than energy ball on Amoongus, and protect is unnecessary. Also, even with SpAtk investment, Amoongus’ attacks are still pathetically weak. By investing in offenses, you gain a huge deficit when it comes to bulk. Your current spread is 2HKOed by Keldeo, Azumarill, Landorus-T, Excadrill, and Tyranitar, which are all common pokemon Amoongus is meant to check or counter. Try this set instead:

Amoongus:

4—Excadrill is your spinner, but has a Focus Sash. I understand that the focus sash may be helpful in specific situations, but the fact that drill will almost certainly be switching into hazards at some point in the game means that the Focus Sash will almost always be useless. If you want to survive some more attacks, try assault vest or leftovers. Focus sash is beneficial rarely, but these two items are beneficial always.

5—Mega Slowbro is less effective than normal slowbro for this team (my opinion). If you want to be able to use Slowbro to tank multiple hits throughout the game, Regenerator is the key to its success. By mega evolving, you may gain a ton on physical bulk, but you also loose regenerator which makes you so much easier to wear down. Keep in mind that normal slowbro also has immense physical bulk, the same special bulk, access to leftovers, and does not take up a mega slot. You will be hard pressed to find many physical attackers that Mega Slowbro can handle that non-mega slowbro cannot.

6—Kyurem-B should be using a mild nature, unless there is a specific threat that you must use a speed boosting nature to out speed.

After you make the above adjustments, I'll give you some more tips
MelonSquid
MelonSquid
Administrator
Administrator

PokéCash : 54

Back to top Go down

Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?) Empty Re: Mega Slowbro Bulky Offense (I guess?)

Post by Literally Death Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:13 pm

I made those changes, but I kept KyuB as naive because I really need the speed against certain pokemon. I forgot what those pokemon are, but my Atk and SpAtk are already quite high and the speed helps me take on some faster pokemon easier, since my team is pretty slow. Also I gave Sableye mega and toxic over magic coat. I can fake out first turn, then mega and toxic. Or if I'm pretty hard pressed, I can fake out and mega same turn.
Literally Death
Literally Death

PokéCash : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by MelonSquid Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:39 pm

I suggest figuring out what you needed the speed boosting nature for. Mild or rash make ice beam and earth power much stronger.

Also, I would try to find a mega that is more offensive than m-sableye.
MelonSquid
MelonSquid
Administrator
Administrator

PokéCash : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down